These are my infamous TuRAWkey Cutlets, part of my 7 recipe nut-free raw vegan recipe series! They make a great addition to your ThanksLIVING meal, or can be put into a giant lettuce sandwich!
If this recipe is being made on its own, it will serve 2-4 people as a side dish to a salad or in a lettuce sandwich type meal. My Cranberry Sauce pairs well with this dish!
If this recipe is being made as part of a larger holiday feast, this recipe is likely food for 4-8 people.
This recipe is 1 of 7 of my nut-free ThanksLIVING recipe series which also includes:
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 3-6 cutlets depending on size
Calories: 670 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 89.1/6.1/4.8
Prep Time: 30-45 minutes
Dehydrating Time: 10-12 hours at 115° F, flip halfway.
- 2 cups of golden beet or carrots, shredded
- 1 cup of cauliflower, pulsed
- ½ cup of raisins or dates
- 1 cup of sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup of dried mango
- Herbs such as sage, thyme, to taste
- 1 tbsp poultry spice, to taste
- 1 tbsp of celery salt (dried celery powder)
- Optional: 1 tbsp of cumin
- Optional: 1 tsp black pepper
- Shred and pulse carrots/beets and cauliflower.
- In food processor process the raisin/date dried tomato and mango. If they are really dry soak them shortly, but don’t want them soggy. Process until they are well mixed.
- Add in the herbs and spices as well. Keep processing until well mixed and sticky.
- Add the carrot/beet and cauliflower to the food processor – don’t add all of it right away, just add it until it get sticky and will hold its form.
- Form onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 115° F for 10-12 hours, flip halfway.
If you want to see a video of how to make the recipe, and all of the other recipes in the ThanksLIVING series, check this out