This is my infamous Raw Vegan Cornbread, part of my 7 recipe nut-free raw vegan recipe series! Warm crumbly raw vegan cornbread. Even I thought that was impossible.. until now! This recipe is awesome on its own, or as part of your ThanksLIVING (or any other holiday) feast. This recipe also makes for an awesome sandwich, just add heaps of lettuce, some tomato and avocado slices and enjoy the textures.
This recipe is 1 of 7 of my nut-free ThanksLIVING recipe series which also includes:
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 6-8 slices
Calories: 690 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 79.1/9/11.9
Prep Time: 45-60 minutes
- Food Processor
Dehydrating Time: 18-24 hours at 115° F, flip after 6 hours.
- 6 cobs of corn, organic
- 4-6 cups of optional chunky ingredients: 1 bell pepper, 1/3 onion, 2-3 flowerets cauliflower, ½ zucchini, 1 jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup of dried mango
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp of celery salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Blend 2 of the 6 cobs of corn, the dried mango, and the spices into a thick thick paste. This is bind together the chunky ingredients.
- In a food processor pulse the chunky ingredients lightly; options include bell pepper, onion, cauliflower, zucchini and jalapeno pepper. Use whichever ones you prefer, to yield approximately 4-6 cups. Do this one or two ingredients at a time. Process the remaining 4 cobs of corn on its own slightly to break it down a bit, I like to leave a bit of corn whole and so I do not process about 1 cob of corn.
- Mix all of this up, slowly adding everything until a thick dough is made. There will likely be some remaining corn paste or chunky ingredients left over. Add the ingredients slowly until a thick dough-like mixture is made. Too much paste will leave it gooey. If processed corn is watery, strain it.
- Spread onto a dehydrator sheet about 3/4 of an inch thick. For more uniform and quicker dehydrating pre-form the cornbread slices into whatever size you want.
- Dehydrate about 18-24 hours total at 115° F. Flip after 4-6 hours. Start it the night before, and finish around dinner time next day.