I love stuffing tomatoes and dehydrating them – and this awesome little treasure is what I came up with last summer! This is a must try recipe for the summer, and when you make it once you will want to make it again and again!
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 4 stuffed tomatoes
Calories: 1020 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat):65.9/5.7/28.5
Prep Time: 30 min
- Dehydrator: 4-8 hours at 115 °F
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 ataulfo mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2-3 small mushrooms, chopped
- Start by coring the tomatoes – use a small serrated knife that ideally doesn’t have a sharp tip so you have less of a chance to poke through the bottom of the tomato. Use the knife and a spoon to slowly remove chunks of tomato, I can make the tomato about 1/2 inch thick or less. Save the tomato cores for some other recipe.
- Finely chop the mushroom and zucchini into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Peel and blend the mango with the avocado and pulse the cilantro in.
- Stir the chopped veggies and blended mango and then fill the tomatoes, and then dehydrate.