This is my infamous Mashed Potatoes (cauliflower), part of my 7 recipe nut-free raw vegan recipe series! As a kid, mashed potatoes were a once a week type of meal – a staple. I never liked the dry meat that went along with them, but the creamy potatoes were pretty good! This raw vegan mashed potato recipe is so good you can eat it on its own, but you can also make my raw vegan gravy to put on top.
This recipe is 1 of 7 of my nut-free ThanksLIVING recipe series which also includes:
Apple Cranberry Stuffing
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 6 cups
Calories: 487 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 70.4/7.9/21.7
Prep Time: 15-30 minutes
- Food Processor
- 5-6 cups of cauliflower (about one head, celeriac works too)
- 1 young Thai coconut
- ¼ cup of dried mango
- 1-2 cups of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of celery salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Optional: 1 clove of garlic
- Chop up the parsley and set aside.
- Blend all of the ingredients EXCEPT the cauliflower and parsley. Add the coconut water slowly and bring to a thick, yet runny, consistency.
- Pulse the cauliflower into a smooth mash. This will likely need to be done in two batches. Pour the coconut sauce into the food processor with approximately half of the cauliflower and process until smooth.
- You could also try doing this in the vitamix if you have that, it would get it really smooth. Highly Recommended!
- Mix the cauliflower and parsley in a large bowl, and serve with optional gravy.