Vanilla added to anything makes it so much better! This savoury milk is a nice treat, great for a get together with friends to each enjoy a little swig.
Serves: 1-3 people Yields: 2 cups
Calories: 1054 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 22.1/2.7/75.2
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Nut milk bag
- 1 mature coconut (will yield 2 cups/500ml of coconut milk)
- 1/2 tbsp of ginger, grated
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- First make the coconut milk by blending the coconut meat of the mature coconut with enough water to just about cover the coconut pieces in the blender. Strain the milk out with the nut milk bag and save the pulp for other recipes. My recipe book uses coconut pulp in several recipes.
- Blend the other ingredients with the coconut milk and serve warm or slightly chilled. Keep in mind that cooling too much or too long will thicken the beverage into more of a mousse.