Cinnamon rolls as a kid were a real treat! The box would not last long, thats for sure! This recipe hits the warm gooey texture and sweet cinnamon raisin taste bang on. This goes very will with a banana ice cream.
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 12-15 rolls
Calories: 2400 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 89.8/4/6.2
Prep Time: 45-60 minutes
- 12-15 bananas (approximately 1 banana used per roll, I make enough to fill my dehydrator)
- 1 cup of raisins and/or dates (raisins are better than dates)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Optional: the meat of one young thai coconut, and some of the water for blending
- First the bananas must be sliced lengthwise into thirds and dehydrated. About 3 hours per side at 115 ºF is enough.
- After the initial dehydrating it is time to make the raisin filling. Soak some raisin in the blender (vitamix works best) with just enough water to cover them. Blend with cinnamon to make a thick filling. If making coconut cream for the top, use coconut water.
- To roll: apply paste to both sides of the banana and overlap them lengthwise and roll. Three strips to a roll works best, you can add any broken banana pieces to rolls.
- Any excess paste can be spread on top of the rolls, and then put back in the dehydrator until ready to eat warm gooey rolls.
- Coconut cream can be made by blending the coconut meat + some coconut water. If you make it too thin chill it in the fridge.