This is a really easy dressing to make. It tastes great and does not require a large volume of ingredients. Fennel has a subtle taste of licorice – I never liked licorice candy but I do love fennel! Of course you can omit fennel if you like.
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 10 cups
Calories: 469 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 38/7.2/54.7
Prep Time: 15-30 minutes
Dressing Ingredients (yields approx 2-3 cups):
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- water to bring to desired consistency
- 1 head of your favourite greens, I used red leaf in the picture.
- 1/2 of a bulb of fennel and its shoots
- Juice the lemon and lime into a blender
- add about 1/4 of an entire avocado and 1 mango
- blend and add water until brought to a desired consistency. I typically do not add water to dressings but in this case the lemon and lime do not let the dressing get too “watered down”
- Chop up the lettuce and toss the dressing into it, any excess avocado can be added to the salad. Only about 1/4 of an avocado is needed for the dressing.