When blueberries are fresh and in season, they are very nice to add to salads! This is a dressing I came up with when I had lots of blueberries and was looking to use something for the base of my dressing. Fresh blueberries are best, but thawed from frozen can work too. If you are looking for a tangy dressing with a hint of optional creamy avocado – try this tonight!
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 2 cups of dressing
Calories: 296 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 50.4/5.2/44.5
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, or approximately 1 cup of tomato, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado
- Blend the blueberries, lemon juice, and tomatoes.
- As an option blend in about 1/8th to 1/4 of an avocado – not much is needed as it will thicken the dressing up a lot.
- Chop up the remaining avocado and pour the dressing on your favourite greens.
- Top with the chopped avocado.