This is a great gourmet dessert to enjoy during the summer. While this awesome recipe did not make the cut for my book – that just means I can release it to you here! It uses just a few ingredients and can use any stone fruit, peach, nectarine, plum, etc.
Serves: a party Yields: a pie
Calories: 3188 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 61.8/2.9/35.4
Prep Time: 45-60 minutes
- 1 mature coconut (or the pulp from making coconut milk)
- Enough dates to process with the coconut to make a thick crust AND for the filling (20-30 dates, or more depending on size)
- 2 cups of the fruit of your choice – peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots, etc.
- Cinnamon to taste
- Process shredded coconut with dates, add them slowly until the mixture is thick and not too sticky.
- Fill a dish with your crust, not too large a dish this doesn’t make a very large pie.
- Blend a small amount of your chosen fruit (1/4 to 1/2 cup) with your dates to make a thick paste.
- Chop up the remaining fruit and mix with the paste, stir in some cinnamon.
- Add the fruit filling to the pie crust and enjoy!