Typically raw fish cured with lemon or lime – EWW! This version uses mushrooms. It makes a great side dish in addition to any of the other meals in this section. It can be served with some other sides such as some avocado and greens.
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 1 plate
Calories: 376 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 82.5/9.6/7.8
- 3 cups of mushrooms of your choice, sliced (oyster look neat and portabella also work well, but anything will work)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 medium tomatoes
- 1 mango
- ½ cup of parsley, chopped
- ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp dried celery salt
- Optional: avocado
- Optional: 1 clove of garlic
- Optional: 2 tbsp cumin
- Optional: jalapeno pepper to taste (or black pepper)
- Slice the mushrooms thinly and juice the lemons. Place the mushrooms into a large flat dish, ideally one layer. Pour the lemon juice onto the mushrooms. Sprinkle the dried celery salt and other herbs or spices on top and mix gently.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop up the onion, tomato and mango to make a salsa to top the mushrooms with. Let sit for at least 30 minutes or make the day before.