Hot chocolate was something that I drank on a regular basis as a kid, especially during the winter. This cacao/caffeine free how chocolate will knock your socks off! And it is nut-free to boot! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Serves: 1-3 people Yields: 2 cups
Calories: 1700 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 50.4/2.6/46.9
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Nut milk bag
- 1 mature coconuts to yield approx 2 cups/500 ml of coconut milk
- 10 dates
- 5-10 tablespoons of carob powder
- First blend the coconut with enough water to just about cover the coconut. Strain the coconut milk out using the nut milk bag and save the pulp for other recipes. See how to make coconut milk in the recipe video below.
- Blend the coconut milk with the dates and carob powder and you are done! Blend it a bit longer to warm it up if desired, and hot water can be used to make the coconut milk was well.
- If the hot chocolate is chilled in the fridge it can be a chocolate milk, or if chilled for about 2 hours it will harden into the thickness of a mousse.
- Marshmallows can be made with young coconut and a drinking straw.