I was not always a big fan of cilantro. Actually I really disliked it…but now I love it! So if you are like me and love cilantro you will love this recipe! If you despise cilantro, you could try another herb:) This can be made thick into a dip, or used as a salad dressing or noodle sauce. Many options – that is the great part!
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 7 cups of salad
Calories: 516 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 63.4/7.7/29
Prep Time: 15-30 minutes
- 2 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (I prefer valencia or some other juicy orange – about 5-6 oranges will yield a 2 cups)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (look for sulphate free ones)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- fresh cilantro to taste, I use upwards of one bunch
- 1 head of your favourite lettuce or zucchini/cucumber noodles, or a combination of both (if making into a dip, chop of your favourite dipping veggies)
- other great items to add to a salad: bell pepper, strawberry slices, chopped tomatoes, celery, and more
- Juice the citrus and blend with 1/2 of an avocado and the sun-dried tomatoes. (add the orange juice slowly until you reach desired consistency)
- At the end, pulse the cilantro into the dressing.
- pour onto your salad and top with any other additional fruits or veggies. This could be made spicy with your choice of hot pepper – fresh or dried.