When I was a kid I loved MSG, I mean Chinese food! Eventually I became more interested in the more “authentic” Chinese food and would order off the “Other” menu that they brought to those who know to ask for it – a menu without chicken balls. Anyway, I came up with these wings, similar to my honey garlic and BBQ deep-dried cauliflower wings from my recipe book. These wings tasted just like lemon chicken! They were sweet and tangy, a new favourite! And they are a quick and easy recipe to make.
Serves: 1-2 people Yields: 10 cups
Calories: 1496 Macronutrient Ratio (Carb/Protein/Fat): 73.9/5.6/20.5
Prep Time: 15-30 minutes
- Dehydrator: 8-12 hours at 115 °F
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3-4 ataulfo mangoes
- 2-3 dates
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 small avocado
- First break up the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- Blend the mangoes, dates, lemon juice and avocado until smooth.
- Pour sauce onto cauliflower and mix until cauliflower is well coated.
- Place the coated cauliflower onto a teflex drying sheet.
- After 3-4 hours flip the wings and serve when dried.
- The wings in the centre may need to be moved to the outside, especially if the dehydrator is very full (this causes less air movement)